Garage doors are typically made from high quality materials and have excellent workmanship. In order to extend the life of your door and ensure excellent operation for years to come, we suggest the following maintenance be performed twice yearly:
- Lubricate all moving parts and coat torsion springs with regular grade machine oil.
- Check for loose or missing fasteners. See warning concerning spring components under tension.
- Check moving parts for signs of wear. Pay close attention to end bearings, rollers, hinges and lift cables.
- Check track support system for loose parts.
- Check ease of door operation (if electrically operated, disconnect operator first). Note any binding or unusual noises.
- Check for seal of door against jambs, header, and floor.
- Check that all safety warning labels and tags are in place.
We recommend the above services be done by a trained professional for best results. Investing in regular maintenance can extend the life of your garage doors, saving you time and money in the end.
To schedule a garage door service, where are technicians will perform all of the suggested service items above, call us.
How do I clean my garage doors?
Use a mild detergent to wash your door; do not use abrasive cleansers. Check for scratches that can be reasonably repaired. If bare metal is exposed, treat with zinc-based primer. Avoid excessive touch-up; post-applied painting will not match original factory finish.